DPA + head of HSSE - London
|Closing||Friday, June 4, 2021|
Job type: Permanent
WRS are currently looking to recruit a Designated Person Ashore (DPA) cum Head of HSSE to be based in Brunei .Looking for candidates based in South East Asia This is a permernant shore based position and we need someone to start by July at the latest once the visa process is completed.
The client has a fleet of Offshore Construction Vessels
To ensure the safe operation of each vessel and to provide a link between the company and those on board, the Company has designated a person ashore and an alternate, to have direct access to the highest level of management (EC / CEO). The responsibility and authority of the Designated Person Ashore include monitoring the safety and pollution prevention aspects of the operation of each vessel and to ensure that adequate resources and shore-based support as required are applied.
• Effective implementation and maintenance of the Company SMS by coordinating with Superintendents, Managers and Senior Manager.
• Ensure non conformances are resolved with the appropriate corrective action to correct any system deficiencies promptly.
• Report the performance of the SMS to the top management for review to ensure its effectiveness and suitability, including recommending improvement
• Vet and approve proper execution of Non Conformity Note (NCN) and monitor progress of corrective actions till closed.
• Program and arrange for shore Management Reviews and keeping records of reviews.
• Recommend and make changes to the SMS where appropriate. Ensuring the SMS is properly disseminated to sea staff and shore base employees involved in its implementation, with frequent coaching and training program being carried out to maintain continuity.
• Communicating with vessel Masters on routine issues of the SMS.
• Arrangement of Internal and External Audits.
• To ensure external ISM and ISPS audits are carried out in good time.
• Analysis of Incidents and Near Misses.
• Assist in external communication with interested parties including personnel working on behalf of the company.
• Liaise with third party certification body and classification body.
• Present ISM matters to the highest level of management and gain sustained support for safety management system improvements.
• Determine whether the safety management system within the company and the vessel by using established principles of internal audit and management review to ensure compliance with these rules and regulations.
• Determine the effectiveness of the safety management system within the company and vessel by using established principles of internal audit and management review to ensure compliance with rules and regulation.
• Assess the effectiveness of the safety management system in ensuring compliance with the other rules and regulations which are not covered by statutory and classification surveys enabling verification of compliance with this rules and regulations.
• Assess whether safe practices recommended by the organization, Administration, classification societies, other international bodies and maritime industry organizations to promote a safety culture had been considered
• Gather and analyze data from hazardous occurrences, hazardous situation, near misses, incidents and accidents and apply all lesson learnt to improve the safety management system within the Company and its vessels.
Qualification & Experience Required
The Designated Person Ashore will have as a minimum the qualifications as stated in MSC MEPC7 Cir 6. In addition to minimum requirement stated in MSC MEPC7 Cir 6 and company basic criteria / requirement, company requires at least: -
• Previously sailing as a second officer with COC or above. DP experience is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of working in the marine industry.
• Having HSE related qualifications is preferred including NEBOSH and Incident Investigation Training.
• Attended Designated Person Ashore Training.
• Working ashore with handling safety management system (ISM Code) for 3 years or more.
• Knowledge and understanding of the ISM Code
• Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting
• Appropriate knowledge of shipping and shipboard operations
• Participation in at least one marine related management system audit
• Effective communications with shipboard staff and senior management.
• Certified ISM auditor by a recognized body
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. OffshoreJobSearch.com is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via 'Apply' button.