Electrical Technician Trainee for a major Oil & Gas Operator in Kurdistan
|Closing||Sunday, October 17, 2021|
Job type: Permanent
WRS are looking for a local Kurdish national Electrical Technician Trainee for a major Oil & Gas Operator in Kurdistan.
Working schedule; rotational basis
Purpose of the Role:
Carries out Electrical Preventive maintenance activities and troubleshooting of various types of Electrical equipment installed STATIC & ROTATING EQUIPMENT at company facilities such as Diesel Generator sets, Soft Starters at MCC units, Fire water Motors & controls, Centrifugal & reciprocating Pumps motors, Gear Boxes drive motors, Air Compressors drive motors, Nitrogen Generation motor units, HVAC, Electrical heat tracing, DC Battery systems & charging stations. This includes regular monitoring and rectification of defective equipment, disassembly, repair and reassembly of equipment and assisting in the installation and testing of new machinery. Duties carried out independently or under instructions, the complete or partial overhaul of plant equipment.
• Performs preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on equipment, Performs inspections required by company.
• Maximize the reliability & availability of plant equipment at all times.
• Carries out routine maintenance on rotating electrical equipment, carries out visual checks of Motor control units, cubicles, Power cables, Glands terminals, Electrical heat tracing equipment. etc. Disassembles electrical equipment, replaces parts as directed, and cleans equipment. Ensures integrity of connections joints etc. by using proper electrical instruments as required such as Electrical Insulation resistance, Electrical megger, etc.
• Carries out replacement of bearings as necessary on electrical equipment, varnishes electrical windings, measures necessary electrical parameters and overhauls motors as & when required.
• Carries out routine preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. This includes checking control & power terminations, grounding of electrical installation, of equipment such as Synchronising panels, Generators, Motors, Motor control centers & Electrical soft starters etc.
• Assists in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries out complete overhaul rotating equipment. Reassembles and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules.
• Strict Adherence to Plant Safety Protocols, Permit To Work system (PTW) & Good housekeeping requirements.
• Required to perform job as required by wearing safety body harness & SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus)
• Perform Continuous Improvement : Improve Reliability of Equipment/Process, Improve Safety, Improve Maintainability, Reduce Cost, Active participation in Major Development Projects
• Maintain / Update the job completion records.
• Perform Technical investigation & Root Cause Analysis.
• Interact closely with all other members of the maintenance Team and ensure smooth operation.
• Ensure the KPI of the Maintenance Team is achieved.
• Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
• Requires basic understanding of Cable schedules, Electrical drawings circuits / drawings / prints.
Qualification & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering .
• Experience: 6 to 8 years hands on experience in Electrical Maintenance of Rotary equipment in Oil / Gas / Petrochemical industry, Electrical Power Plant which includes - Preventive, Corrective & Shutdown Maintenance of following equipment: Generators, Fire water pumps, Electrical Motors of Low & Medium voltage. HVAC equipment.
• Native Kurdish with fluency in English.
The client guarantees a healthy, friendly and professional work environment, career development and offers good package & benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. OffshoreJobSearch.com is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via 'Apply' button.