Emergency response team leader - Kurdistan
|Closing||Saturday, January 30, 2021|
Job type: Permanent
On behalf of our International Oil & Gas Operator, WRS Kurdistan is looking to hire local candidates for the position of
"Emergency response team leader" to work on a rotational field based schedule.
Key tasks will include:
• Hold Emergency response members under his command responsible for the prompt and complete discharge of their duties, for the condition and actions of their companies in and out of quarters, and for any neglect in carrying out and enforcing all rules and orders governing the emergency response team members of the HSE Department.
• Convey all orders of the HSE Superintendent or his designee to the emergency response team member and transmit all reports or communications of the emergency response team members to the HSE Superintendent or his designee.
• Be fit and ready to respond to any fire, rescue, environmental incident, alarm or drill when on shift.
• Conduct fire and rescue duties under the command of the HSE Superintendent or HSE advisor during an incident including but not limited to firefighting, rescue, first aid, chemical spill etc.
• Carry out standby fire and rescue cover when and where required.
• Support the OSC or be the OSC at any incident response requirement.
• Help prompt the company's Life Saving rules mandatory controls program.
• Ensure the companies HSE policy is Implement to the best of his ability.
• Conduct and report regular inspections across all Company operations and activities as required
• Enhance HSE & FIRE awareness culture in the workplace.
• Keep stations, apparatus, equipment, tools and uniforms in clean and serviceable condition.
The ideal candidate must meet the below requirements:
• Minimum 2-year experience as a fire fighter or ERT member - HSE OR Production background would be advantageous for international oil and gas companies
• Driving license
• College education
• Professional qualifications
• Knowledge of industry HSE best practices and national and international HSE legislation
• Experienced in oil field operations
• Fluent in Kurdish and English (reading, writing and speaking)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
• Good problem-solving ability and a pragmatic flexible approach
• Fire safety training
• OSC training
This is a back to back role, KRI based role will report to the HSE Manager/Superintendent/Supervisor providing functional support to field activities. The candidate will be required to undertake a certain amount of travel in support of the role.
The client guarantees a healthy, friendly and professional work environment, career development and offers good package & benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. OffshoreJobSearch.com is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via 'Apply' button.