Lead Contracts and Procurement Advisor - Kurdistan
|Closing||Saturday, January 30, 2021|
Job type: Permanent
Job Title: Lead Contracts and Procurement Advisor
On behalf of our International Oil & Gas Operator, WRS Kurdistan is looking to hire local candidates for the position of Lead Contracts and Procurement Advisor.
Purpose of the Role:
• Responsible for all aspects of Company' Contracting and Procurement processes in support of the Company's objectives in Kurdistan. This includes conception, maintenance, and stewardship of the Contracting Plan, coordination of Formal Bid/Tender and Request for Quotation (RFQ) processes, scope specific Contract or Purchase Order creation, administration, closeout, and contractor management.
• Manage Contracts and Procurement Team and identify vacation replacements and handovers.
• Coordinate meetings and correspondences with MNR. Ensure that contract sponsors and other stakeholders have timely access to key contracting compliance data
• Work with Department Heads to create and maintain a contracting and procurement plan with sufficient detail to enable contract formulation activities well in advance of contract need by date
• Coordinate the activities and maintain documentation of all phases of Formal Bid/Tender process.
• Supervise a team of Contracts and Procurement Specialists / Assistants to get the things done in time.
• Manage and supervise Tendering and RFQ Processes from receiving requisition from sponsor to contract execution.
• Keep an auditable record of all contracts and purchase orders.
• Maintain a status register for all active contracts.
• Setup and maintain Commitments Reporting System.
• Coordinate with contractors, suppliers, and Department Heads to clarify and resolve contractual issues or disputes
• Prepare and maintain register of change orders and contract amendments
• Manage contract closeout documentation and correspondence
• Understand and ensure compliance with MNR directives related to Contracts and Procurement.
• Attend Management Committee meetings as and when required.
• Work with Accounts Payable, Logistics and Warehouse teams to resolve any contract related invoice processing issues.
Qualification & Experience
• Graduate Degree or Certification in Supply Chain Management
• At least 10 years of experience in similar role and in same industry
• Excellent proficiency in English (written and spoken) & Native Kurdish.
• Experience in contract drafting.
The client guarantees a healthy, friendly and professional work environment, career development and offers good package & benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. OffshoreJobSearch.com is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via 'Apply' button.