Well Logistics Officer - Kurdistan
|Closing||Monday, July 19, 2021|
Job type: Permanent
WRS are looking for a local Kurdish national Well Logistics Officer for a major Oil & Gas Operator based in Kurdistan.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The WLO assists the Drilling Supervisor(s) and Well Engineers with all aspects of Well Engineering and Drilling operations. He is the primary focal point for all logistics to and from the well site(s).
• Supervises all logistics, equipment and materials movements to and from the work site, warehouse and third-party vendors.
• Act as support to the Drilling / Completion Engineer(s) in the office
• Monitor plans, logistic look ahead, drilling program and work progress.
• Ensure an adequate inventory of equipment, fuel, consumable and material is available at the drilling site with quality checking in coordination with Senior Drilling Engineer / Well Site Supervisor
• Coordinate activities with third party service companies.
• Report any deviation or threats in work, equipment supplies etc.
• Responsible for the accuracy of information in the daily logistics reports and in other communications with the drilling team.
• Supervises and supports all logistics activities in conjunction with the rig team.
• Supports the well operational drilling activities of Wells team members in the field.
• Responsible for the timely ordering, checking and subsequent return of equipment, materials and services required for activities under company control.
• Supervises the utilities provision (fuel/water/etc.) and ensures activities are undertaken safely and in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Manages the on-site inventory control system.
• Ensures the timely shipping of material and personnel to and from the rig.
• Ensures the security of classified information by implementing control procedures as specified by the Senior Drilling Engineer
• Continually evaluates working procedures to identify opportunities to achieve time and cost savings.
• Trains junior logistics personnel on the rig
• Manages the onsite mechanical support team.
• Manages water provision infrastructure.
• Reviews and supports the Drilling Contractor's Safety Assessment for any non-routine operations on the rig.
• Write parts of the daily drilling report (logistics / material movements)
• Capture lesson learned and document it with recommendation for next wells.
• Monitor performance of rig contractor and service companies.
• Provide suggestions to improve the overall performance of drilling operation.
• Assist the Drilling Supervisor to implement the COMPANY HSSE management system.
• Support the Drilling Supervisor in the event of an emergency response situation.
• Observe all company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to personnel.
QUALIFICATION / TRAINING REQUIRED;
oPrevious drilling and / or completions related work experience (2 - 5 years)
oDemonstrable track record in the role (procurement, supply chain & warehouse)
oFluent in spoken and written English & Kurdish.
oDemonstrable asset inventory tracking experience (with applicable software packages)
oDrilling material familiarisation (including well heads and casing)
oKurdish driving license.
oKnowledge of material and procurement handlings systems (SAP / Proactis / Oracle / Maximo etc.)
oHighly computer literate.
oFlexible working patterns
The client guarantees a healthy, friendly and professional work environment, career development and offers good package & benefits.
If you're interested and have the required qualifications, please send you CV to:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. OffshoreJobSearch.com is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via 'Apply' button.